Do you prefer earlier or later seasons?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
burrr

Do you prefer earlier or later seasons?

Postby burrr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 pm

When did you most like TBBT?

I liked it early on but my favourite time period is when Amy first joined (I'm not good with actual season numbers, sorry). I liked her more when she was more nerdy and standoffish, and when she kept making all the lesbian references with Penny. I still like her now but that was my favourite time and I think she's my favourite character, though I do like Sheldon a lot too.

kim1984

Re: Do you prefer earlier or later seasons?

Postby kim1984 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 pm

I was going to say much the same as you. I liked it from the start, of course, but I felt like initially the cast was too male dominated with only Penny as the recurring female lead. I feel like the addition of Amy and also Bernadette was useful in building the dynamic of the show, and having more relationships interacting and intertwined. I love Amy too - love that she can hold her own with the boys intellectually!

burrr

Postby burrr » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:34 am

I agree that Bernadette was a good addition. I'm not that keen on her as such, but she definitely moved Howard's character forward and creates a balance between Penny and Amy. A Penny and Amy friendship wouldn't be very believable without Bernadette as a buffer, and the skeevy Howard thing would have gotten tired after too long. I definitely like that Amy is so intelligent - and Bernadette is too actually - because the intelligent men and a dumb blonde routine was a bit sexist really.

johanna white

Postby johanna white » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

I find the newer seasons to be better. The story line is changing progressively for the characters and they are all building lives together.