Who Would Like to See Sheldon and Penny Get Together?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
IcyBC

Re: Who Would Like to See Sheldon and Penny Get Together?

Postby IcyBC » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:00 pm

serbog wrote:No, Sheldon and Penny would never get together and I wouldn't even like it. If that would happen Sheldon and Leonard wouldn't be friends anymore and Amy and Leonard would be sad.

That would be sad indeed if Sheldon and Leonard won't be friends anymore, since their friendship is the foundation of the entire series anyway, and then comes the rest of the casts. I do like their friendship very much and I can tell you, it will be hard to find a special friendship like their in real life.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:47 am

Nope.No and No. That'll ruin the show for me, I like them as they are, their little conversations, jokes, puns on each other. This all will be gone if they get together. He should remain that character which doesn't hit on Penny. Howard has hit on Penny, Raj has, Leonard has. And that's where it has to stop. Yeah in a dream sequence of some character...maybe. But never in reality.

arthnel

Postby arthnel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 pm

NO way. That wouldn't be nice at all. I don't even see Penny as a mother figure to Sheldon either. Penny just grounds the whole cast as a reminder of reality and that it's OK not to be all about science, even when you are a scientist. Penny can pick and choose boyfriends as time goes by but it would not look good for Penny and Sheldon, even if it didn't work out with Leonard. Sheldon and Leonard are best friends and roommates. Penny's reputation might be destroyed if they considered this.

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:55 pm

arthnel wrote:NO way. That wouldn't be nice at all. I don't even see Penny as a mother figure to Sheldon either. Penny just grounds the whole cast as a reminder of reality and that it's OK not to be all about science, even when you are a scientist. Penny can pick and choose boyfriends as time goes by but it would not look good for Penny and Sheldon, even if it didn't work out with Leonard. Sheldon and Leonard are best friends and roommates. Penny's reputation might be destroyed if they considered this.

Sounds like and interesting theory! I just like the show, except for those episodes with Raj's sister! That was way over the top as I am sure Indian women are more rooted in tradition custom than she had. I guess I was shocked by what she was freely doing.