Who Would Like to See Sheldon and Penny Get Together?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
Briannagodess

Re: Who Would Like to See Sheldon and Penny Get Together?

Postby Briannagodess » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 pm

IcyBC wrote:
Briannagodess wrote:I actually think this would be a great idea. The relationship of Penny and Leonard has always been difficult for me to ship in. Penny seems to not love Leonard as much, there is no attraction, she always take him for granted and Leonard always underestimates Penny's skills.

Penny and Sheldon seem to genuinely care for each other. They can confide their problems with each other and most of the time this happens. Penny actually needs someone who is not head over heels for her!

Exactly, I am glad you see what I see in this pair! There is something in their relationship that I believe it worked out very well at the end. Yes, they might tolerate each other for their differences, but they also have that understanding of who the other person really is as a human being. They seem genuine with each other and not like Penny and Leonard.

Yes! There are numerous episodes that showcase how Leonard is always underestimating Penny and also episodes where Penny signals that she does not love Leonard as much nor is she attracted to him. I mean she even said in one episode that their love is the boring kind of love.

KimberlyD

Postby KimberlyD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Now that would be hilarious to see. They would make a very strange couple that is for sure. I would love to see how they handle one another.

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:09 am

KimberlyD wrote:Now that would be hilarious to see. They would make a very strange couple that is for sure. I would love to see how they handle one another.

I think they would be a different kind of couple! Penny already knew what type of person Sheldon is, and he knows who she is as well. In real life, I have known couples like Penny and Sheldon, where the intelligence level and complete opposite personalities function quite well together; even better than what we think "normal" couple do!

KimberlyD

Postby KimberlyD » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:21 pm

IcyBC wrote:
KimberlyD wrote:Now that would be hilarious to see. They would make a very strange couple that is for sure. I would love to see how they handle one another.

I think they would be a different kind of couple! Penny already knew what type of person Sheldon is, and he knows who she is as well. In real life, I have known couples like Penny and Sheldon, where the intelligence level and complete opposite personalities function quite well together; even better than what we think "normal" couple do!

I think the most hilarious part is Penny is a "touchy feely" type of girl who has sexual needs.... Sheldon doesn't touch anyone and does not partake in coitus.... how is that going to work?