How would you rate TBBT as a comedy show?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
sbatz72sss

Re: How would you rate TBBT as a comedy show?

Postby sbatz72sss » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:23 pm

I do not think I would give TBBT a great rating when it comes to comedy. I think the writers of these scripts have very poor taste when it comes to comedy. I think as a show it is great though.

GlacialDoom

Postby GlacialDoom » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't really know how I would rate it numerically, but I'd rate it pretty highly. I think that this show is unique in its premise, and that it does things right for the most part: I find Sheldon's jokes to be the cream of the crop. However, one thing that I absolutely dread about this show is the laugh track they play after every single joke. It got annoying after the first episode I've watched, and by now, it's been driving me insane!

Homer

Postby Homer » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm not a diehard fan of The Big Bang Theory, but actually, I'm watching it right now! As a sitcom, it's quite well constructed, but it's definitely not one of my favorites. It really pales in comparison to other shows like Friends, for example. The scientific jokes are a little too much at times... I'd give it a 6.5/10. ;)

Testament

Postby Testament » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 am

I've been enjoying most of it since it began years ago. It's not the best sitcom out there, but it deserves more credit than most people bash it for. It's not a "try-hard" series who throw "smart and pretentious" nerd stuff here and there. People aren't even supposed to focus on those parts. It's about nerds trying to be normal people. It's funny because these guys are so relatable to some geeks, not because they said "smart jokes". People just complain too much just because they don't understand some of it.