How would you rate TBBT as a comedy show?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kjonesm1

Re: How would you rate TBBT as a comedy show?

Postby kjonesm1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 am

I would give The Big Bang Theory a ten out of ten! It is full of crucial comedic elements like irony and physical comedy. It's got great comedic timing and is relevant to our time. The characters are somewhat relatable and it's a good show for a wide range of age groups. My parents like it and so do my kids. It's just a generally good show.

SarahWorksAtHome

Postby SarahWorksAtHome » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:35 am

Oh, that's easy!
I'd rate it off the charts! Eleven out of ten!
It takes a certain kind of sense of humor to really enjoy it and at least a tiny bit of smarts to "get" some of what goes on during the show and some of the things they are referring to or joking about but ya know, ya don't have to be a rocket scientist *snort*
:ugeek: :lol:

For real, though, the ratings don't lie, the amount of seasons aired and fans of the show don't either. It's obviously totally awesome.

L_B

Postby L_B » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:36 pm

I would give it a 7/10. It is a good show and brilliantly written but I hardly think it is the best comedy on TV. The fact that it has been on so many seasons speaks volumes about the quality and popularity of the show. I found it to be much funnier in the earlier seasons then it has been in the later seasons.

JessiFox

Postby JessiFox » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:41 am

I'd give it a 7 out of 10 I think. I like that it's not entirely slapstick but it's not quite as 'smart' as it seems like it tries to be, either. I do enjoy it and it does have its funny moments though.