Interview with Mayim Bialik on Season 8's finale

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Interview with Mayim Bialik on Season 8's finale

Postby kim1984 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:15 am

http://variety.com/2015/tv/features/may ... 201489053/

I really liked reading Mayim's take on the show, the cast, Amy's relationship with Sheldon and so on.

I thought it was interesting how she said that her biggest challenge is trying to ensure Amy is not just portrayed like a female Sheldon. I think she does a good job of that! I also liked that she mentioned the cast are very gentle and that she feels inadequate sometimes since only her and Kaley (Penny) haven't been to 'classical' acting schools. I wouldn't have known that!

I wonder who else here remembers Mayim when she played the lead role on the TV show Blossom? I LOVED that show as a kid!

sbatz72sss

Re: Interview with Mayim Bialik on Season 8's finale

Postby sbatz72sss » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Wow, I have always like Mayim Bialik. I thought she was pretty cool on Blossom. I enjoyed this article. I am glad I had the opportunity to read it. Than you for sharing it. She is definitely going to be one of those classic starlets of today. I mean this for future generations.

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:50 pm

I also remember her in Blossom, and the Amy role played by her is fantastic too. She might be a late comer, but her presence in the show was much more interesting. I love the episode where she taught Sheldon how to massage the back of his neck, and the way she talked about her body parts to get close to the other girls. It showed the awkwardness of a lonely intelligent girl :)

serbog

Postby serbog » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Amy was also in a show called Bloosom I think. It was a disney xd show. And I heard somewhere that the actress of Amy actually had a PhD. I don't know if this is true or not, but it is awesome if it real.