Cast Earnings

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Cast Earnings

Postby kim1984 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:52 pm

http://deadline.com/2014/08/big-bang-th ... ls-813847/

This article was released just before season 8, but gives an indication as to how much the stars get per episode.

Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (Sheldon, Leonard and Penny) are the front runners, but they're now looking at around a million PER episode! :o

What do you guys think? Overpaid? Or worth it to continue on with the shows popularity and success?

E.Mil

Re: Cast Earnings

Postby E.Mil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:49 pm

I know celebrities make a lot of money but I think they are overpaid and they need a pay cut. There are people who risk their lives on a daily basis who make way less who deserve much more money.

elitesquatter

Postby elitesquatter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:41 am

Well, it's the people behind the camera that get most of the show's earnings anyway. I guess since it's been running for a long time, built a big fan base for itself and still gets high ratings, the cast kind of deserve it.

Apathetic

Postby Apathetic » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:22 am

Overpaid. Definitely overpaid.

Each one makes 23-24 million per year for a mediocre(albeit popular) show.
Even if it takes them 4 days(wild guess) to film an episode, that means they get 250 000 for each day of work.
Truly ridiculous.