Cast Earnings

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
danielledavidson

Re: Cast Earnings

Postby danielledavidson » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:55 pm

It's outstanding that they make that much money. it surprises me that they make that much though. I heard by the end of the series Friends, everyone was making 1 million dollars per episode. I mean to me this doesn't seem like the kind of show that's getting the attention that Friends got. It seems like a show that would get a couple million views per show. I mean I could be wrong, but that's just so much money. I don't actually think that they should be making that much money. I mean that's just what I personally think.

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

That is just crazy, but then again we put them there! We idolize all of these stars and put them on pedestal! So they all got outrageously big pay check for their popularity. I admit I like the show very much, but these people's salary is unimaginable for me! One of their pay checks can feed a whole small nation for a year!

kim1984

Postby kim1984 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:56 pm

IcyBC wrote:That is just crazy, but then again we put them there! We idolize all of these stars and put them on pedestal! So they all got outrageously big pay check for their popularity.

You're right - I guess we as the consumers of the popular shows out there contribute to their pay packets! I think a big part of it is the advertisements that come with a prime time show...advertisers want the most bang for their buck (a BIG BANG if you pardon the pun!) and so they'll pay top dollar to advertise in the timeslots of those shows. Then the actors can argue that they deserve a chunk of that, since they're the ones reeling in the consumers.

It's funny how in society the people that are so greatly revered are TV and movie stars rather than doctors, surgeons and so forth...it really does make me wonder at times!

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:08 am

kim1984 wrote:
You're right - I guess we as the consumers of the popular shows out there contribute to their pay packets! I think a big part of it is the advertisements that come with a prime time show...advertisers want the most bang for their buck (a BIG BANG if you pardon the pun!) and so they'll pay top dollar to advertise in the timeslots of those shows. Then the actors can argue that they deserve a chunk of that, since they're the ones reeling in the consumers.

It's funny how in society the people that are so greatly revered are TV and movie stars rather than doctors, surgeons and so forth...it really does make me wonder at times!

In general, fans of these television shows made the show popular, and some shows deserve the attention in deed. Thus, attracting advertisers like flies. Remember the super bowl ads, a few minutes of spot light costs millions! It is hard to fathom that numbers, but everybody is talking about it every year, what they expect to see, and what company will get the slot, so the numbers will be skyrocket each year!