Cast Earnings

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
Steve Dawson

Re: Cast Earnings

Postby Steve Dawson » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:04 pm

I'm completely shocked by these figures. I accept that actors are going to be well-paid, but THAT well-paid ? Its far far more than I would have expected, I think a lot of the shows success lies with the writers and their originality, I wonder how much they are getting paid. Not as much as a million per episode between them I would guess. How do I become an actor ? Whatever it takes, I'm obviously destined for stardom if the rewards are that good.

arthnel

Postby arthnel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:14 pm

I just love this show so much. However, when I saw $1 million per episode I had to stop and do the math to be sure they didn't mistakenly mean per season (which did not make sense). WOW! These guys are really hitting ratings charts to be raking in so much doe. Do I think they are overpaid? Nope...So long as they keep on bringing in the laughs and hold the viewers, then keeping on making that money (per episode).

alexiskilgannon

Postby alexiskilgannon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:30 am

Holy guacamole! That's an insane amount of money to be paid per episode. They are definitely overpaid. I wouldn't even know what to do with that much money.

prose

Postby prose » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:53 pm

While it is disheartening to learn how much these stars are paid for acting, we must remember that WE, the consumers, are the ones who put this value on them, as well as movie stars, professional athletes, etc. Everytime we tune in to an episode, we are essentially creating a demand for their "product," and essentially putting money in to their pockets. Everytime we purchase special merchandise, etc, this money is going towards this industry, instead of others that may be more worthy of our money, such as doctors, policemen, firefighters, military personnel, etc who save lives for a living. Just something to think about!