Melissa Rauch (Bernadette's) real voice!

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Melissa Rauch (Bernadette's) real voice!

Postby kim1984 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

So I can't recall what thread it was on, but someone mentioned that Bernadette's voice on the show isn't real - can you believe I had never considered that?! :lol: I honestly thought that was just her voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsMNjDkp60

I looked up this interview of her to hear her real voice -- I honestly was blown away, because I was expecting squeaky whiney Bernadette voice!

IcyBC

Re: Melissa Rauch (Bernadette's) real voice!

Postby IcyBC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 pm

I have suspicion about her voice, but I didn't think it would be totally different like this! Her voice is completely normal in the interview, and it causes me to think how tired it was for her to do each episode with that high pitch voice!

kim1984

Postby kim1984 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 pm

IcyBC wrote:I have suspicion about her voice, but I didn't think it would be totally different like this! Her voice is completely normal in the interview, and it causes me to think how tired it was for her to do each episode with that high pitch voice!

I know, right?! I imagine her voice and throat and all that must end up feeling pretty strained after a long few hours of shooting - and I also wonder if she auditioned for her part as Bernadette with that voice or if they asked her to go super high pitched!

kjonesm1

Postby kjonesm1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 am

I wish I could take back hearing that, it has forever changed the way I see Bernadette. I have grown to love her squeeky voice. What was once an annoyance is now a staple for one of the fundamental characters on the show.