Little things you may not have noticed about BBT

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Little things you may not have noticed about BBT

Postby kim1984 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 am

I was reading a fun article about things that viewers may not have picked up on about the BBT.

For instance, Amy's apartment number is 314 which are the first digits of Pi.

The original song for The Big Bang Theory was all set to be She Blinded Me With Science by Tom Dolby (80's song)

The science equations on the whiteboards in the show are factual equations as they consulted actual physicists.

Do you know any other fun facts about the BBT that others may not know about?

IcyBC

Re: Little things you may not have noticed about BBT

Postby IcyBC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:44 am

Those were awesome little details that I don't look for or pay notice. I am glad there are always people who are looking for things like these to interpret and to make them interesting for us. I often wonder though if the producers were intended in hiding those little things for someone to translate their meaning.

kingcool52

Postby kingcool52 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 am

Unfortunately I don't know any other little things that others don't really notice but I wonder if there are many more hidden on the show that viewers are yet to find. I kinda of guessed that the the science equations on the whiteboards were actually factual equations but I thought that maybe these were found on the internet or maybe someone from the show were able to write them up. Never knew that they actually consulted physicists to get those equations.

petesede

Postby petesede » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 pm

The first two or three seasons were much better about obscure jokes and references. You could always tell if you watched with a group of people, because someone would laugh much louder than the others. There were a lot of references to science debates or to science fiction books also. I think it became hard for them to maintain that, so they basically turned the show into Friends 2.0 where most of science stuff is equivalent to Ross talking about dinosaurs.