How did you discover this show?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
GlacialDoom

How did you discover this show?

Postby GlacialDoom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:54 am

I first started watching this show back in about 2009, when I saw that it was getting really popular, especially because it had been getting a lot of mentions on social media sites and on sites such as 9GAG and Reddit. Given that I was in the mood for a new series, I gave it a try and I got hooked.

How did you first find out about this show? What was your first impression?

L_B

Re: How did you discover this show?

Postby L_B » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:02 am

I can't remember exactly when I first started watching it but I know it had been on for awhile. Everyone was talking about it so I finally decided to check it out just to see what it was all about. I was immediately hooked and have never missed an episode since. I even went back and watched all the previous ones that I had missed. I enjoyed watching how the characters grew and changed over the years. It is one of my favorite shows. It is always good for a laugh.

haela

Postby haela » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Since my husband is the King of the remote, he usually picks out our shows. I do not really have a problem with this set up. It keeps him happy and I usually multi-task when the television is on anyways. He usually goes for the action drama's, so when he chooses a comedy sitcom genre, it gets my attention. I like a few good laughs at night after a long day!

So, we have been watching this sitcom from the get go. It has been fun to watch the characters progress and change. I missed some of last seasons because of other commitments, so I am enjoying catching up on the re-runs. Even the simple changes; such as, Penny's haircut, I thought was a nice change. I know, it might sound a little mundane. But hey, I do enjoy a good hair cut now and again. lol

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:33 pm

I discovered this show by just flipping the channels when there were commercial, and got hook instantly. I thought the show was different, and all the "brainy" characters were quite interesting to see. What kept me watching was the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon! Their friendship was unique and fascinating to me as they have both learned how to put up with each other's differences.