How did you discover this show?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
terinah14

Re: How did you discover this show?

Postby terinah14 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 pm

This show stuck in my mind for so long because my sister always watched it. She actually has a DVD that's always on. After a few months of seeing her watch it, I got confused and checked the show on Youtube. Of course, when my sister laughs at the scenes, I couldn't get their jokes often. However, when I watched the BBT myself, I got instantly hooked. :D

GlacialDoom

Postby GlacialDoom » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:53 am

rabst wrote:
GlacialDoom wrote:I first started watching this show back in about 2009, when I saw that it was getting really popular, especially because it had been getting a lot of mentions on social media sites and on sites such as 9GAG and Reddit. Given that I was in the mood for a new series, I gave it a try and I got hooked.

How did you first find out about this show? What was your first impression?

I guess it was just 'on' when I was looking for something to watch ...

Maybe it was advertised (and I'm a fan of Johnny Galecki from his Roseanne-days) or it was in a 'block' with other sitcoms and it looked cool, kinda like 'F*R*I*E*N*D*S: The Next Generation' or how i met your mother

Hey, that's how I started watching How I Met Your Mother! I was browsing through the channels, and I found it. It seemed interesting, so I gave it a shot. I didn't watch until the final season, but that did make me watch about two seasons of it before I got bored.

Popeye

Postby Popeye » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:30 pm

It's an amazing story!
I was bored out my mind one day while watching T.V., then this show called The Big Bang Theory starts season 1 episode 1( I never saw or heard of it before). I watched it because I thought it's a show about physics( I love physics), but soon I discovered it's a sitcom. And I loved it, got the hang of it right from 1st episode!
Had I known that's it was a sitcom, maybe I would never watched it but now I think it is one of the best things I have ever seen on T.V..

Kangaroosteak

Postby Kangaroosteak » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:40 pm

In a TV cable network on my country, they air this show before Survivor and Survivor is my favorite TV show. The first episode of this show I ever watched is the episode were Raj is about to be arranged marry to an Indian woman he doesn't like. Ignored this show for many seasons but that episode is the one that hooked me up from watching. My favorite episode of all time is The Justice League Recombination because it focuses about the cosplay culture of the nerds. Penny looks hot as a brunette when she cosplayed Wonderwoman.