Mayim Bialik before BBT

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Mayim Bialik before BBT

Postby kim1984 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Who remembers Mayim Bialik before she was Amy?

I remember her as the young Bette Middler character from Beaches

And also when she was in the TV show Blossom (I loved all her hats!)

L_B

Re: Mayim Bialik before BBT

Postby L_B » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:34 pm

I remember her quite well for those roles. She has always been a very good actress who gives her all to every performance. I love her as Amy though. She plays the character extremely well. I recently seen her interview and she is just so down to earth and such a nice person.

kim1984

Postby kim1984 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:07 am

L_B wrote:I remember her quite well for those roles. She has always been a very good actress who gives her all to every performance. I love her as Amy though. She plays the character extremely well. I recently seen her interview and she is just so down to earth and such a nice person.

Yes, every time I've seen her in interviews I've always thought she has come across as incredibly level headed, intelligent and grounded. In a world where a lot of child stars do seem to end up going off the rails when it comes to the teenage years/adulthood, it's nice to see someone bucking that trend.

kjonesm1

Postby kjonesm1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm

I used to love the show Blossom. Truth be told, I had a bit of a crush on her brother Joey...
I have loved watching Mayim evolve as an actress and think she has developed the perfect character for Big Bang Theory. I remember growing up with her and like her even more as an adult.