TBBT Overrated?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
poweclai

Re: TBBT Overrated?

Postby poweclai » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Oh no!! :o I still love the show, I can still sit and watch the repeats and it makes me laugh everytime.
The characters have all grown and developed and I love it!
IMHO I prefer it too many other comedies, both past and present ;)

burrr

Postby burrr » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah, I agree that it's gone downhill but like it has already been said, that's inevitable with long running sitcoms.

I don't think it was overrated in the earlier seasons as it was really funny and different but it's starting to wear a little thin for me now. I'm not even that interested in the start of season 9, I will stick it on series record and get around to watching them at some point but no rush. Even last year I was excited about the start of the new one and would watch them as they aired.

arthnel

Postby arthnel » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:50 pm

It's not overrated when you consider what it's up against. When I flip through channels looking for a comedy to watch the only other good one is perhaps Two and Half Men. All the other new shows are flat with no great jokes nor good acting. I find myself watching Seinfeld if not BBT. With the new episodes and where the show is going we may have that watered down effect, but right now I think it's still good to go.

Steve Dawson

Postby Steve Dawson » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 pm

I'll admit that the show is not as fresh and innovative as it used to be, but for a series thats survived 8 seasons, its still bringing up fresh storylines and plenty of unexpected developments. The strength of the characters is one of its biggest selling points. Its brilliantly acted by the main characters and the character development was far greater than many other series from the start. Sheldon is unlike any other character in any other show and stands out for me as a classic comedy character. I'm a bit older too and don't often find modern comedy too funny, but The Big Bang Theory has always stood apart in terms of comedy and originality for me.