The Big Bang Theory - Season 9 - Episode 1 - The Matrimonial Momentum

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
Steve Dawson

Re: The Big Bang Theory - Season 9 - Episode 1 - The Matrimonial Momentum

Postby Steve Dawson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 pm

luckyluis09 wrote:Finally got around to seeing this episode and I have a few dissapointments. I was really hoping that Sheldon and Amy would just be able to take their relationship back to how they were progressing and Sheldon would be able to propose. Sadly that didn't happen. Then with the whole Leonard and Penny situation I honestly think that Leonard isn't doing what he should be doing. I mean comparing Sheldon and Leonard, Sheldon is actually being the better boyfriend, he has grown a lot and you can see in his own way he's really making an effort while Leonard is kind of just hoping for Penny to be okay with everything.
Then at one point I had doubts that since all the relationships were having problems something might happen beetween Howard and Bernadette, but I just hope they can all just solve their problems. Can't wait till the next episode airs.

I can see the truth in what you're saying, in some ways Sheldon has always been more mature than Leonard. Leonard is the typical young, inexperienced guy and theres a bit of Sheldon that will always be like an old man. Leonard's character hasn't really changed dramatically throughout the series, while Sheldon has become more considerate of others feelings, not as much as a 'normal' person perhaps, but he has changed since the program began.

IcyBC

Postby IcyBC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Leonard's honesty is what made him in trouble! He couldn't think to even stop talking about the girl when they are in bed. Slowly, he disclosed the information about the girl on his wedding night. Who does that? LOL

sneezy

Postby sneezy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Steve Dawson wrote:I can see the truth in what you're saying, in some ways Sheldon has always been more mature than Leonard. Leonard is the typical young, inexperienced guy and theres a bit of Sheldon that will always be like an old man. Leonard's character hasn't really changed dramatically throughout the series, while Sheldon has become more considerate of others feelings, not as much as a 'normal' person perhaps, but he has changed since the program began.

I agree, Steve. Sheldon has really grown more then any of the other characters since the beginning of the series. The fact that he can openly hold hands with Amy, as well as actually FEELING what losing a partner is like. He also has become a better friend to Leonard. He still has his 'moments' of selfishness and unawareness, but he is getting better with feelings and empathy with every season.

I do think that all of the characters have grown in their own way. Raj can talk to women now, lol. Howard isn't quite as skeevy/pervy as he once was. Of course, marriage helped with that.

Even Penny has matured. She got a 'real' job and can pay her bills now.lol Leonard has matured, but he has a ways to go still.

sneezy

Postby sneezy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:26 pm

kim1984 wrote:Leonard and his ability to keep digging himself a hole rather than being quiet seems to be just like a few guys I know :lol: I could blame it on the fact that Leonard is a "nerd" but really I just think maybe he tries to be open and honest and it backfires a bit!

I thought it was a good start to the season. A few surprises, which is always a good thing - I hate it when everything is too easy to predict and a few things took me by surprise.

I like the dynamics of Leonard and Penny in theory, but I get irritated with him sometimes because he still acts like a teen when it comes to dealing with a relationship or a woman. I think he really loves Penny, but because he has loved her for such a long time, I wonder if he has a different perception of her or of what their relationship should be.

This is an old throwback thought, but in Fraiser, his brother Niles was in love with Daphne long long before she knew and eventually fell in love with him. In his head, Niles thought she was perfect and when they finally got together, it took him a while to wrap it around his head that she was not everything he built her up to be in his head for all of those years.

I see the same pattern with Leonard. He seems to be sabotaging what is really going on in their relationship, instead of being overjoyed that what he's wanted all this time has actually happened.