Extra Theorestrial News: How Long Did You Think Kaley Would Stay "Sweeting"?

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
rabst

Extra Theorestrial News: How Long Did You Think Kaley Would Stay "Sweeting"?

Postby rabst » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Two years, anybody?

Yep, that's the longest that Kaley "Penny" Cuoco and her 'tennis-player' husband (funny, I thought he was her 'speech-therapist' husband ... maybe that was some other thirty-something I was 'crushing' on ;) ) were able to "keep up the charade."

I'm probably a little surprised they made it that long---nothing about Kaley & Ryan personally ... just that "celebrities" live in sort of a fairy-tale world, and they're somehow convinced that their marriages are just going to be 'like when they were dating, but ALL THE TIME.' And that's not how real, live relationships work!

Real, live relationships are ... not my specialty either, but the phrase "Familiarity breeds contempt" springs to mind. :roll:

kim1984

Re: Extra Theorestrial News: How Long Did You Think Kaley Would Stay "Sweeting"?

Postby kim1984 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 am

Kind of sad for her - she seemed so happy at the start of their marriage, so the fact that it's broken down after only 2 years is sad. Not even a full two years since from what I read their marriage date was New Years Eve 2013 and their date of separation was September 3rd of this year.

It did seem like their marriage was pretty fast tracked - one minute she was dating him and it seemed like a brief time before they were married. That could be a factor, and like you said they're both celebrities is tough. It's hard when both people are in the limelight because I think there's less compromising happening from either party.

Steve Dawson

Re: Extra Theorestrial News: How Long Did You Think Kaley Would Stay "Sweeting"?

Postby Steve Dawson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 pm

kim1984 wrote:Kind of sad for her - she seemed so happy at the start of their marriage, so the fact that it's broken down after only 2 years is sad. Not even a full two years since from what I read their marriage date was New Years Eve 2013 and their date of separation was September 3rd of this year.

It did seem like their marriage was pretty fast tracked - one minute she was dating him and it seemed like a brief time before they were married. That could be a factor, and like you said they're both celebrities is tough. It's hard when both people are in the limelight because I think there's less compromising happening from either party.

Its gotta be fairly hard for celebrities when they're having a tough time in their professional or personal lives to be continuously in front of the camera, unable to get a minutes peace ever. I know they get richly rewarded for their work and fame and attention are a by-product of that, but everyone needs some time alone once in a while just to re-charge their batteries.

Briannagodess

Postby Briannagodess » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Well to be honest, I thought they would last long. Too bad that they didn't though. Since she was willing to take her husband's last name even though she was well known in hollywood at that time, I thought it was an indication of a good thing. So does it really mean that when a woman changes her hair drastically she is going through something bad? I mean Miley Cyrus did too when she was heartbroken. It's such a girl thing but I don't do that lol.

On a side note, I didn't know Penny and Leonard dated in real life. I saw this while searching for Kaley's divorce.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Cuoco.html