Kaley Cuoco cringes over old BBT episodes

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Caltech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates. They are also friends with their Caltech colleague’s mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with popular women. Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress originally from Omaha, live in the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon.
kim1984

Kaley Cuoco cringes over old BBT episodes

Postby kim1984 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 am

I read this interview with Kaley Cuoco online today - she seems very down to earth. Here's the link from the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/09 ... .html?_r=0

One part of the article I loved was this:

Kaley Cuoco says she cringes when she watches old episodes of CBS' "The Big Bang Theory," now in its ninth season.

"I do stop and watch because I'm appalled by what I'm seeing," she said in a recent interview. "I'm like, 'Kaley, what is that choice?' I usually put it on mute because I cannot stand the sound of my voice, especially early on. But (I look to) kind of see what I was wearing, and it's hilarious."

I imagine it would be pretty amusing for actors to look back on past seasons - like she said, the fashion would be amusing because things change so quickly!

Briannagodess

Re: Kaley Cuoco cringes over old BBT episodes

Postby Briannagodess » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:57 pm

But I love the older episodes lol! I also love Penny during that time, she looked really hot being the new girl. Everything was new and exciting. We never really know of Penny and Leonard will be together. Now, it's predictable. It's still funny and entertaining but somehow not the same as before. The fashion is something that doesn't really change that much for me. Except for Penny, almost all of them still has the same fashion sense anyway.

Emperor Joker

Postby Emperor Joker » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Briannagodess wrote:But I love the older episodes lol! I also love Penny during that time, she looked really hot being the new girl. Everything was new and exciting. We never really know of Penny and Leonard will be together. Now, it's predictable. It's still funny and entertaining but somehow not the same as before. The fashion is something that doesn't really change that much for me. Except for Penny, almost all of them still has the same fashion sense anyway.

It's funny because I'm cringing at the new episodes. It's like Briannagodess is saying, she was soooooo hot back then, before the "mom haircut", when the show was still fresh, it was fun and the dynamics between the hot neighbour and the nerds was so awesome and funny.

Now everyone has become a caricature of themselves and they keep going in circles... I finally gave up.

burrr

Postby burrr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 pm

I think it's interesting that she comments on her acting developing, it almost reads like it's her first job and she's learnt so much during the show, yet actually she's been working for years. Not that we don't progress in our jobs even when we've been doing them for a long time (or at least, we should aim to), but I'm surprised that she hadn't already identified stuff like that in her acting before the start of TBBT.

Her comments about her dressing room make me laugh, as it's the complete opposite of how I'd decorate!